Rob Shortt wrote:
So, one thing we definately need is a working Stop() method on all recording plugins. The ivtv recording plugin has this already but I am not sure about the generic_record plugin. At line 171:
while self.mode == 'record' and self.app.isAlive():
time.sleep(0.5)

This should catch the mode change by calling Stop(). Someone should test this, hopefully it will work for regular VCR_CMD (direct mencoder use) or a VCR_CMD that is a shell script which starts other processes.

Stop() of generic_record.py could be tested by using the latest cvs snapshot and removing an in progress recording. It should stop recording. Do a ps or top to make sure.

Since Dischi's chances to childapp/popen and my changes to recordserver the Stop() method on generic_record.py now works.

I will continue with the rest.

-Rob