--- Eirik Meland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu:
> Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> >  --- Eirik Meland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu: > Dirk Meyer

> is no
> > >
> > > If somebody could fill me in on this, I could at least do a code
> > > audit...
> >
> > So... here it goes:
> >
> > Please check the www tv guide to handle "micro" ( < 5min) programs
> in a
> > way that wouldn't mess up following ones. Maybe it's related to
> > rounding numbers.
> >    The problem dischi is having seems to be related to this.
>
> It was a INTERVAL/PRECISION mixup.

:p

> > Web TV guide works almost as the Freevo TV Guide, but since in HTML
> we
> > cannot draw lines where we want, it uses a table to simulate that.
> > have more precision, I choosed to implement 6 columns per 30
> minutes
> > block, so a 5 minutes precision.
>
> Maybe it is possible to be more accurate if we use divs instead of
> tables? Anyway that sounds like something for Freevo > 1.4

There is a few problems:
- It need to work, at least, with Mozilla, Konqueror and Internet
Explorer.
- It shouldn't make the browser crazy (not eat too much memory, not
slow down). I did a cool code sometime ago (I think it's still in my
WIP) to display div at the top when one program was selected. It was
really cool, but low end machines couldn't benefit from it. :(

A <div> version would eliminate one problem we have in www tv guide:
minutes aren't always the same width :) Example: if some program is 10
minutes longer, and if it have some long word in it's name, like:
"Beautiful", the HTML cell will grow and take much more space than it
should!

> >    Programs use colspan to set their time window. Maybe here is one
> > error point. I don't remeber if I check the case where the program
> > overflows the guide. I mean, if a program has 5 hours and the guide
> > only shows 3.
>
> If I set the number of hours to be displayed to 1, I will see if this
> is handled, right?

yes.
Or create a program that uses 10 hours, for example :)

> > Also, I don't remember if it handle programs that began
> > in previous guide window correctly. I guess it does (if I wasn't
> too
> > lazy) because no one said that bug is present.
>
> It didn't. Now it does :-)
>

> > Could you give a look at it?
>
> Sure.

Thank you!

Gustavo

Yahoo! Mail - o melhor webmail do Brasil
http://mail.yahoo.com.br