Aubin Paul wrote:
On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 10:40:40PM -0600, Krister Lagerstrom wrote:

If so, maybe we need to extend the Freevo shutdown to ask which parts of Freevo are to be shutdown (all, or selected pieces (main, record server, www, CD backup, DVD backup, etc)).

In the gui?

Yeah, what I was getting at is that the default could be that all freevo parts are started/stopped by the main freevo app. So you would always have the recordserver, www, dvd backup etc up and running from just starting freevo. And when you do the gui shutdown, it could be an option to leave some of them running.

But the simplest thing to begin with would be to always start/stop all sub-apps.

Speaking of this, wouldn't it be useful to have the tv_grab function done from inside Freevo by default instead of using cron?

It is possible to do that now, take a look at some of Rob's recent additions, specifically the appropriately named tv_grab.py in the src/helpers directory.

Yeah, I use "./freevo tv_grab" from the shell/cron-job. But wouldn't it simplify the setup if freevo ran it automatically every 24h? There would be an option to turn this off if you prefer to use cron.

I've helped some friends to set up freevo, and there are many steps to the process. Some are unavoidable, like dealing with the different TV-out and remote control settings, but freevo itself could be simpler. It isn't obvious to people why they can't just start recording once they can view TV.

/ Krister

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.net email is sponsored by: SF.net Giveback Program. Does SourceForge.net help you be more productive? Does it help you create better code? SHARE THE LOVE, and help us help YOU! Click Here: http://sourceforge.net/donate/ _______________________________________________ Freevo-devel mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freevo-devel