On Mon 08.12.2003 at 07:26:57PM +0100, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> Matthieu Weber wrote:
> > Here is a patch that fixes the fxdhandler, videoitem and __init__ of the
> > video subsystem. Unless the DTD for video fxd files has changed, the
> > fxdhandler implementation does not respect the DTD (and none of my fxd
> > work anymore).
>
> Sorry. In the beginning I didn't even want to rewrite it, only add the
> new fxd parser stuff. Since I don't use most of the fxd features, some
> may got lost.

No problem.

> > Moreover, the videoitem patch provides a dirty fix for the following
> > problem: when playing a video with a subtitle file specified in an FXD
> > file, the subtitle filename is enclosed in "". But this means that the
> > "" become part of the filename (so mplayer doesn't find the file), and
> > as the command line passed to mplayer is split on spaces, it doesn't
> > protect a filename containing spaces to be split, thus messing up the
> > command line of mplayer completely. The fix just removes the "", thus
> > forbidding the filenames containing spaces.
>
> All this "" stuff is too dirty. That's why I switched to a list in
> mplayer.py and xine.py (at some point before adding the filename, the
> string will be transformed to an argv list).
>
> The subtitle file is also no 'mplayer' option, xine may also use
> it. So maybe you should add the filename of the subtitle to the
> mplayer_options and add a variable subtitle_file to VideoItem. Than
> the player could handle that. Does this sounds ok or am I missing
> something?

I might actually have misread the code. There is a subtitle_file
attribute in the VideoItems that fxdparser.py uses, but for some reason,
the play() method of VideoItem puts this attribute into the
mplayer_options variable which is passed to mplayer.py for actual
playing (or something like that). If I have time, I'll take a look into
it.

BTW, should there be a xine_options along with the mplayer_options in
the video FXD files?

Matthieu
--
 (~._.~)        Matthieu Weber - Université de Jyväskylä         (~._.~)
  ( ? )                email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]                  ( ? )