Viggo Fredriksen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm working on implementing an audio detach bar (with modified a detach.py).
>>From detach.py I call plugin.activate() for my DaemonPlugin. This
> works as expected.  I also have a draw() function in this plugin, and I need
> to have a reasonably high poll_interval for the time elapsed/remaining/etc
> for the plugin to be usable. When playing is over, the poll of this plugin is
> therefore unnecessary.
>
> So, the problem is getting this plugin removed from the list of plugins
> where the initial draw() is called. I've tried plugin.shutdown, but all this
> seems to do is to call the shutdown for my own plugin.
>
> I have tried to find answers in the code, but so far I've been unsuccessfull.
>
> Any thoughts? :)

Right now it's not possible to remove a plugin at runtime. Basicly you
need a low value for poll_interval when playing and you don't want to
be called when you are not playing, right? You can't do it, but you
could set poll_interval to something large 100000 to avoid unneeded
polling. But still, you need to be prepared that the poll() function
is called when you don't need it. Just return than.

Does this help?

"We're back to the times when men were men and wrote their own device
 drivers"
     -- Linus Torvalds