On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 19:18, Aubin Paul wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 07:00:30PM +0100, Jesper Skov wrote:
> > However, to get it to work, I need Freevo to issue a fbset command after
> > mplayer quits. There's already the OSD_SDL_EXEC_AFTER_STARTUP option,
> > but it's only executed after Freevo starts up. Not when the OSD is
> > restored after mplayer has quit.
>
> Try the "autocolor" plugin. I use it to run a command before and after
> playing video.
>
> in your config:
>
> plugin.activate('autocolor',args=('<before command>','<after command>'))
>
> You can put any shell script or binary into the <before command> and
> <after command> and you won't need to make the change you described.
>
> This plugin works in 1.4 and in current CVS.

OK, that seems to do the trick.

Except I need it to be run when OSD is restored. The autocolor plugin is
only activated at movie playback - not after other invocations of
MPlayer such as when watching live TV.

Hm, maybe I'll try exchanging the MPlayer cmd with a script that
restores the framebuffer display.

Jesper