Lewis Thompson wrote:
On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 05:27:46PM +0100, Lars Eggert wrote:

He may be trying my FreeBSD port. FreeBSD's ports tree prefixes the installed python modules with the python version. Are you, Lewis?

No, I've made my own port, actually. Can you give me the URL to your port and I'll see if I can merge the two. Mine is only basic and has no v4l support. Otherwise it works pretty well.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/59047

Always check the PR database before starting a new port :-) I've been bitten by this before, too.

If you can track down the issue the committer has raised, feel free to send a follow-up! As I said, I can't debug things right now due to lack of hardware. I'm suspecting an issue due to me using -current, while the committer might be using -stable.

By the way, what do you mean by "v4l support" above - the Linux video API won't work under FreeBSD, but TV watching and recording work with my port.

Lars
--
Lars Eggert                                     NEC Network Laboratories