--- Dirk Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu: > Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
wrote:
> >> I had the same idea, but it will be very complicated and all the
> >> resizing will be slow. And ...
> >
> > Isn't it done in C? Why slow? And there are not too many widgets...
> > Also, we could have it to replicate instead of scale.
>
> I noticed with my skin enhancement one major problem with pygame:
> creating surfaces is slow, also blittng one surface to another.
>
> That's why the skin code tries to reuse as much as possible and only
> blit the needed parts. The gui code also should use subsurface
> instead
> of creating new once.

How to use subsurfaces?

I have some things I wish to implement, this is one of them, but it may
stand still a little.

My TODO list right now:
  - Finish MPAV plugin and integrate MPAV in Freevo CVS (if you agree
it's a good idea)
  - Code MPOSD, kind of BMOVL with skin support, using info area
  - Code NoticeQueue, something that get events and handle them with
classs ('tv' events, 'volume' events, ... IMHO it's better than
priorities) and then have MPOSD and tiny_osd to consult this plugin for
info to be displayed.

Future Ideas (maybe someone like them and start to implement right
now):
   - giFT (p2p) front end. This is a great idea and since giFT have
some web interfaces and freevo is mostly always connected to the
internet (and even better, Freevo generally is used as the router :))
it would be a great thing to have. We don't need advanced features,
just some field to enter the search and then we can use conventional
menu to display results and current transfers. Then we could use a
popup window to display things like # of sources, transfer rate,
comments, ...
   - Configure freevo using the Remote Control. It's needed but can
take a long to implement, will depend on Erik's XML config.

Bye,

Gustavo