One of the reasons I think it hasn';t been persued is that currently
depending on what method you call of the record server it can be very
tricky to develop something other than in the freevo/python environment
we setup. We use some persistence calls that pass python objects.
Unfortunately the persistence library we use with the twisted
application framework we developed the web and record server with is
only implemented in python at the moment.

One of my future plans is to try to wrap some of these calls and spit
out more normal xml (the xml from the persistence calls is really wierd)
so that people can develop apps without having to use python and have
freevo installed on the machine for all the classes we use.

--
Mike Ruelle
[EMAIL PROTECTED]