On Sunday 13 June 2004 19:55, Hans Meine wrote:
> Also, I am not sure that I put all code at the right places, but I am
> willing to correct everything if you tell me your opinions (/problems you
> see).

I found some problems myself.  Due to lack of time this weekend, I made some
wrong assumptions about nvram-wakeup from the results of my tests.  Actually,
I was thinking that detecting the timezone of the RTC would be something that
nvram-wakeup should do itself, and it does (some other effects mislead me).
So a dozen LOC are not necessary.

Two other properties of nvram-wakeup and the way it works are:
- It will not set a time less than 10 minutes in the future (exitcode 2
otherwise).
- Some computers need a reboot before shutdown (indicated by exitcode 1).

So I have to check the exitcode - the optimal solution for the reboot-case is
not clear to me yet. It should leave a flag somewhere that it actually wants
to shutdown, and if Freevo finds this flag on startup, it could perform the
shutdown. Actually, I would like to check for the presence of a file, the
contents of which could be a grub config file that speeds up the boot a lot
if you use grub. (I think it's possible to have
"configfile /path/to/freevoshutdown.flag" and if that file's missing grub
ignores that command.)

--
Ciao,  /  /
      /--/