"Tyler W. Wilson" wrote:
> I checked out Freevo 2.0 from CVS a few weeks ago, and did some work on
> getting it running in Windows. I got the main menu working with keyboard
> input, though it didn't do much more than that.

First of all about windows itself. I won't do anything in that
direction but when someone sends patches to make Freevo work with
windows, I will add the patches.

> Related to pygame and pyimlib2, I would request:
>
> - pygame not leave the Freevo 2 codebase, of that is what may be
> suggested below (and I am not sure that it is).

I don't want to remove it. I only don't want to require it. Freevo
should be able to run without it, but a display engine for mevas could
be pygame. But maybe you want to create a DirectX output for mevas to
use the windows libs of doing stuff like that.

> - pyimlib2 not be required for Freevo 2. pyimlib2 wraps imlib2, which is
> not available on Windows.

Mevas needs an image lib to do the job. Right now, the only working
imagelib is pyimlib2. But if someone adds a pygame imagelib, it will
work without pyimlib2. We have two parts of mevas you need to change
to make it work with windows: an imagelib and a display. So maybe
write a pygame imagelib or a windows native one.

> I was able to use pygame for all implementation - after filling in quite
> a few methods - and had to remove some dependencies on pyimlib2, which
> is not available on Windows.
>
> There were other issues, which I will summarize in a follow-up email.

Please do.

Linux: the operating system with a CLUE...
Command Line User Environment - Fortune