Hi

Horst Eyermann wrote:
> jsut downloaded the new freevo 2 and would like to playaround with it.

great.

> 1) powersupply control
> I have a powersupply which can be controlled via usb. I would like add a
> way to control it via remote control in freevo (so playback of a dvd
> could switch on/off the devices / lights as well)
>
> To do this I would like to know how the current signaling structure
> works and if you could give me hints on a good way to implement it. -
> With the documentation I could not figure out which of it is valid and
> what parts need updating.

That sounds like a main menu plugin to me. An example would be the
shutdown plugin. Your just need to define an item with the options to
turn power on or off. Or what exactly do you have in mind.

> 2) I still would like to add a pygame output to navigate through the
> menus on a graphical LCD. I assume that the new structure is not
> advanced enough to work on this? (It would require two output devices -
> the main screen and a pygame-LCD output)

Not pygame. The pygame stuff is depricated. We use mevas now and will
switch to canvas in the future. Both are kaa modules and depend on a
specific display (kaa.display). So you need to write a kaa.display
module that can write on a graphical LCD. Right now we only support
one output display at a time, but it should be possible to change that
later.

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.