Dirk Meyer wrote:

Duncan Webb wrote:
My vbishow program does may do what you require for ivtv cards:

Thanks, but it does not work for me (normal v4l2 card, no ivtv). Here
is the problem: you set

| fmt.type = V4L2_BUF_TYPE_SLICED_VBI_CAPTURE;
| fmt.fmt.sliced.service_set = (std & V4L2_STD_NTSC) ? V4L2_SLICED_VBI_525 :
V4L2_SLICED_VBI_625;
| fmt.fmt.sliced.reserved[0] = 0;
| fmt.fmt.sliced.reserved[1] = 0;
| if (ioctl(fh, VIDIOC_S_FMT, &fmt) < 0) {

This stops with invalid argument. Reading the doc at
http://v4l2spec.bytesex.org/spec/r6925.htm shows me the following
possible types:

| V4L2_BUF_TYPE_VIDEO_CAPTURE   1       Buffer of a video capture stream, see
Section 4.1>.
| V4L2_BUF_TYPE_VIDEO_OUTPUT    2       Buffer of a video output stream, see
Section 4.3>.
| V4L2_BUF_TYPE_VIDEO_OVERLAY   3       Buffer for video overlay, see Section
4.2>.
| V4L2_BUF_TYPE_VBI_CAPTURE     4       Buffer of a raw VBI capture stream, see
Section 4.6>.
| V4L2_BUF_TYPE_VBI_OUTPUT      5       Buffer of a raw VBI output stream, see
Section 4.6>.
| V4L2_BUF_TYPE_PRIVATE

The one you set is not in there and not using the sliced version
doesn't give me any data :(
Sorry that I've taken a while to reply...

I've been looking at how to get vbishow to work with bttv cards, it doesn't seem to be quite as easy as ivtv cards. I guess that sliced vbi data is nicely packaged up into teletext lines where as normal vbi data needs a bit more processing. The module vbi.c in alevt should help me to implement vbishow for bttv cards...

Anyway from the sample output that I sent is it what your are looking for?

Duncan