Dirk Meyer wrote:
[...]
I also have no 16:9 TV. The bug is that the dvb stream here is always
720x576, they only set the stream to 4:3 and 16:9 based on the
program. So when it switches to 16:9, the 720x576 need to be
interpreted different, no matter what tv you have. This makes mplayer
useless for me right now.

I guess you mean the bug is in mplayer, not in the content. PAL DVDs with 16:9 or other than 4:3 content also have always the resolution 720x576, because that's PAL. Only the pixels are'n square, not even for 4:3 material, and that's the decoder/postprocessing/display's job to deal with it. With DVB streams, it gets even worse, when assuming square pixels in the content, and displaying it on whatever display, be it a 4:3 PAL TV. 544x576 really looks like egg-heads then. I've had a hard time patching df_xine to address this some while ago, and now Claudio Ciccani changed the code there, and my patch doesn't apply anymore. I wonder how fbxine with Claudio's new official DirectFB driver in xine-lib handles this, maybe I'll be able to try it soon. I guess that's what kaa.xine will use in Freevo when it comes to use it for the GUI and the content, if I understood right. When was Tack about to finish his moving to another town ;-) ?

Lucian