On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 06:21:26PM +0100, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> Gorka Olaizola wrote:
> >
> > I use dash as Posix compatible shell. It seems that it does not like the
> > output redirect construction
> >
> >     "cc -x c - -o %s %s &>/dev/null"
> >
> > Changed to "cc -x c - -o %s %s 2>/dev/null >/dev/null" it compiles well
>
> Is it me or is the change only "2>/dev/null"? That would make the
> warnings go away but should not fix any problem. I like to see
> warnings to fix the bug. :)

No, no. There are two "bugs". The warnings that show up with gcc 4.0
are ugly bad they don't seem to stop the compilation.
The other is the redirection that in my system with dash as /bin/sh does not
work and stops the compilation of the modules because it can compile the
snippets that probe the libraries.

Changing "&>/dev/null" to "2>/dev/null >/dev/null" solves the problem with the
shell and the setup compiles and installs well.