On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 17:09 +0200, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> Yes, I check on not equal.

Ok, I guess that should work ok.

> We could do that, sure. This means we need to make sure we don't miss
> something.

Yes.  But kaa.metadata is in a better position to know what the special
files are than beacon.  So this does seem like a much better approach.

> I have no idea. But there are some requests from people how use the
> language inside the filename for srt files, like foo-english.avi.srt
> or stuff like that. Well, we could just not support that in beacon and
> we are done (right now kaa.metadata also does not support this). About
> foo.srt against foo.avi.srt, I guess people use both, so we should
> support both.

What interest does beacon have in the subtitle files anyway?  Or I guess
the better question is what interest does kaa.metadata have in them?  I
guess there's a subtitles attribute in the object metadata.parse()
generates?

> Sounds like a good speedup. I will keep that in mind. For now, beacon
> works like it is now and speedups are not very high an my todo list. I
> first need to finish rom drive support.

It's funny that you were all eager for me to improve kaa.db stuff, which
has no real low hanging performance fruit, but here's a huge one in
kaa.beacon, and now speedups aren't very high on your todo list. :)

Priorities are always so much easier to manage when they're somebody
else's, I know. :)

Jason.