Pierre Ossman wrote:
> Duncan Webb wrote:
>> I think that event support is a great feature but I needs to be very
>> robust if it is being called from rc.py. I'm more that happy to put this
>>  back when we have a better solution.
>>

> Well if it's not in the tree, then it's difficult to submit proper
> patches to fix problems.
>
> What he is seeing isn't a missing input.h, but a very strange/broken
> one. A proper bug fix is to catch any exception and fall back to
> evfallback.py.

What about writing a helper to generate the correct stuff that can then
be merged into local_conf.py, a bit like convert_config.py. This way the
 everything is set up once and no parsing is required at run time.

I don't know what anybody else thinks but parsing a system header at run
time seems to be a _bad_ idea.

BTW Doesn't lirc support /dev/input/eventX? There are quite a few
messages that relate to this topic.