Duncan Webb wrote:

> It is a great idea to use the event driver in freevo, I said that
> before, and it's something we should definitely have.
>
> This is exactly the way, that I would like the event driver to work.
> There are too many different kernels out there that I think parsing the
> linux/input.h at run-time is a bad idea too higher a chance that it will
> cause problems; generating a configuration file *is* the way to go. The
> configuration script can be python code or a simple text file.
>
> Not everybody will have kernel rpm installed so having the fall-back is
> a good idea too.
>
> There is a freevo helper makelircrc, so we should have one that does the
> same for events.

There is a slight difference in that this file isn't something the user
should be mucking about in. So basically we're doing an optimisation
hack (pre-parsing input.h), nothing else. So what's the point?

If we really do not want runtime parsing of input.h, then we should just
remove it and manually (using scripts of course) update evfallback.py
with the freevo releases.

Rgds
--
     -- Pierre Ossman