Were you referring to these bugs?
[ freevo-Bugs-1588309 ]
[ freevo-Bugs-1588310 ]

If so, you can close them. It was an error in my TV_CHANNELS, I sent a follow up e-mail about them; maybe you didn't see it.

On 11/2/06, Duncan Webb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Justin Wetherell wrote:
> Well, the error is gone with the latest svn (8530)  but you just caught
> the exception, right?
>
> I see this: setvbiembed: failed but it works properly.

This is because you ivtv version doesn't seem to support vbi-embedding.
I don't think that it is related to your channels problem. There could
be a missing quote somewhere.

If you are able to watch and record using the single video group then
add the second group but set "record_group=None".

I would also suggest that you upgrade the ivtv driver to 0.4.7 because,
IIRC, some work has been done on the composite handling in the last six
months or so.

You can play with ivtvctl commands and capture the composite video to a
file to see if it is working. eg cat /dev/video0 > composite.mpeg and
then check the composite.mpeg file to see if all is working.

If all is when then you could try the second videogroup stuff to see if
it is possible to record from the composite as well.

Duncan