Maybe we could make an option in local_conf to specify a range of address
that can play media from the freevo webserver?

STREAMING_CLIENTS_IP_RANGE=127.0.0.1 (host only)
STREAMING_CLIENTS_IP_RANGE=192.168.0.1-192.168.0.255 (local network only)
STREAMING_CLIENTS_IP_RANGE=* (anyone)

On 12/3/06, Duncan Webb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Evan Hisey wrote:
> Duncan-
>   How do you use the encoding server? I have, i think all the plugins
> loaded and the idlebar says it is running but has no jobs.

Only works for mpeg files and DVDs, doesn't make sense for avi files and
maybe other video types.

You should seen a re-encode or encode menu item in the sub-menu of a
dvd-title or the mpeg recording.

>   New feature in 1.7 that was not list in the changelog. It seesm you
> know can watch recorded videos in a webbrowser, assuming you have a
> video player plugin in stalled. Was this intended or just a cool side
> effect of going to kaa?

* New webserver library, allows playing/viewing on local and host
machines (F#1592806)

But the playing on the host machines does not yet work.

Duncan