On 1/11/07, Jason Tackaberry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 13:16 +0100, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> > > Yay!  Soo then.  How can I test this?  Is freevo2 ready to use these
> > > features?
> >
> > Not yet
>
> And judging by the initial response to my first patch submission (which
> was just a very small patch and really had little to do with
> vf_overlay), this is going to be a loooong arduous battle.

I know how it is at mplayer-dev-eng. The reponses from mplayer team
are how shall I say, not very encouraging. I posted a couple of very
minor patches and I decided never to fix anything in mplayer and even
if I did, never to submit patches. I am still in the list but I am
mostly a quiet member looking for interesting patched like your
vf_overlay. I love programming for Freevo however. Very encouraging
and easy too (python). And recently it picked up a lot of momentum for
1.x branch.

I see that the initial response was not very encouraging, but please
continue to push it and don't do what I did. Like they say "Don't do
what I do. Do what I say" ;). I see that Ben is using his powers (as
promised) to push vf_overlay.

> I think we should just tell everyone to use xine. :)

Me, not a fan of xine.