On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 01:29 +0100, Richard van Paasen wrote:
> Found some time to modify fbxine too. I posted a mail on xine-devel the way
> you suggested. And... now we wait! :-)

I saw your post.  diffs should always be unified; I've never seen a
project that wants a context formatted diff as they are generally much
harder to read.  (i.e. generate the patch with diff -Naur)  Also you
should have a file with a suffix that's .diff or .patch or whatever is
needed to make sure your mail client sets the attachment's mimetype to
text/plain.  If it's application/octet-stream, as yours is, you force
the developer to save out the attachment and open it in a text editor,
rather than being able to view it in their email client.

The idea basically is to make the process of reviewing the patch as
convenient as possible to the developers as it betters your chance of it
being reviewed.  They might ask you to resubmit your patch (or maybe
not, some of the xine hackers are pretty easy going).

So yes, now we wait.  It might take a while.  I have a patch sitting on
xine-devel waiting for review too, and it's over a week old. :)

Cheers,
Jason.