Ben Ford wrote:
>> Dirk Meyer wrote:
>> > Gentoo users can try the freevo gentoo overlay:
>> > http://freevo.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/freevo-2.0/InstallationGentoo
>>
>> You need to add a contact attribute.
>>
>> eg:
>>
>>   <overlay
>>       type    = "svn"
>>       src     = "svn://svn.freevo.org/freevo/portage/"
>>       contact = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
>>       name    = "freevo">

Done.

> You also need parenthesis after conditionals in the ebuilds.

I do? It works without it for me. But I added it. Since you seem to
know more about ebuilds than I do, I quick question:

My svn ebuilds check out a specific revision number:
ESVN_REPO_URI="svn://svn.freevo.org/kaa/trunk/${PN/kaa-/}"
ESVN_FETCH_CMD="svn checkout -r ${SVN_REVISION}"
ESVN_UPDATE_CMD="svn update -r  ${SVN_REVISION}"

This creates a new directory for echo package version in the svn
dir. This is kind of ugly. Many other packages use version 9999 or
something like that. But if I do this, how can I update all packages
that are based on svn? To make it clearer: emerge -uDN freevo will
update freevo itself but nothing else because the other packages are
still the same gentoo version.

Take care to get what you like, otherwise you will be forced to like
what you get.