Does 2.0 support the Hauppauge PVR tv cards yet? Last time I tried 2.0, that
was the main thing holding me back.

On 1/23/07, Dirk Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi everyone,

here a small update on the status for Freevo 2.0. Freevo svn revision
9003 together with kaa revision 2428 work well. Not working is
watching tv and the games subsystem. DVD playback is not working as it
should. Everything else works. If you are brave please test it and
report bugs.

Gentoo users can try the freevo gentoo overlay:
http://freevo.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/freevo-2.0/InstallationGentoo

Note: it would be great if someone could provide me with 1.7.0 rcX
ebuilds for the overlay.

The last ebuild is from 20070119 because I did huge changes last
weekend I maybe broke stuff. Here a list of changes and what needs to
be done:

1. Use kaa.popcorn as video player. As bad side effect, only X11 works
   now for video playback. We can code some stuff but not test it
   without the proper environment. Rob is working on dfb support for
   kaa.popcorn, "normal" framebuffer (console) support is still
   missing. If you want to help, just drop I note hier.

2. TV watching is not implemented anymore. So the tv guide can be used
   for recordings but that's it. I need to rewrite it based on
   kaa.popcorn.

3. The application code has changed. The detach plugin for audio is
   gone (pressing DISPLAY). But you can now toggle between running
   applications by pressing 't' or map TOGGLE_APPLICATION to a remote
   control event. Example: In menu select audio player. Player is in
   foreground. 't' toggles between menu and audio player. If in menu,
   you can now open an image in the image viewer and 't' will toggle
   between audio, image and menu.

4. Huge cleanup in freevo_conf.py because all player settings are now
   in ~/.freevo/player.conf.

5. The code is prepared for kaa.candy integration in the gui subsystem
   but kaa.candy is not ready yet.

6. Because of 1. and 5. the OSD on top of mplayer does not work
   anymore.

help welcome

Black holes are where God divided by zero.