Dirk Meyer wrote:

> The hand you see on the right side is mine :)

Nice.

> It is from our last year CeBIT presentation. The stuff you see on the
> 770 is a webserver that can control freevo on a basic level: start and
> stop right now. But more is easy to do. The webserver is located in
> freevo/trunk/WIP/webserver and is based on cherrypy and cheetah. I had
> no time to finish it because other 2.0 stuff is always higher on my
> list. If someone whats to code on it, feel freevo.
>
>> I actually wanted to do something similar. I have created a network
>> remote for the N770 but at the moment it only send commands to
>> Freevo nothing more.  For now i try to get into Freevo 2.0 (that is
>> why i started with the games plugin) but at the end i still hope to
>> get my N770 to work as a remote to use Freevo without turning the TV
>> on.
>
> Same here. And if I play a video, it would be possible to have a
> 'Search IMDB' button on the Nokia 770 that will search IMDB based on
> the current running video. That information is already at the
> webserver in WIP, only not used.
>
> Maybe we can make this a SoC project:
>
> o Create webserver based on cherrypy and cheetah to control freevo
>   over the web. Start/Stop/Recordings
> o Securty
> o Guest accounts with limited access
> o Download of files
> o Some nice web 2.0 Ajax effects, but not too much or small devices
>   like the Nokia 770 will die.
> o Based on some proof of concept code already written.

Yes indeed this would make an interesting SoC I think. To sad I'm no
more a student.
What i thought maybe we could provide some kind of generic access to the
data of the menu. This could be used for the web page and for other
remote access possibilities like Bluetooth or other network access. I'm
not sure if there is already something like this. I don't understand
Freevo yet that well.

Mathias