Hi,

With the launch of another +1 channel on DVB-T in the UK - and my
playing around with CRIDs in the DVB EIT (i.e. series link/unique
programmes & repeats etc.) - I've come up with a list of requirements
*I* would like to see in the record server, and wondered how many of
these have been considered, not thought of, would be wanted, are being
worked on and/or are in Freevo 2?

* If I have a favourite scheduled for a fixed channel, fixed time,
fixed day; and set something to record which conflicts, *either*
recording is rescheduled as appropriate.

* The UK has a number of +1 channels (more on DVB-S than DVB-T). Are
these common in other territories? If so, any recording fixed on a
particular channel should shift to a +1 variant as a first option.

* Programmes should be recorded at the earliest opportunity; however
the body of programmes as a whole should be recorded as early as
possible. Currently, "My Name is Earl" is on Channel 4 at 22:00 on a
Thursday; "Studio 60" is on More 4 at 22:00.

  Ignoring the fact that since they're on the same multiplex *both*
could be recorded simultaneously, "My Name Is Earl" could be recorded
at 23:00 on Channel 4+1 and "Studio 60" at 22:00. However, "My Name Is
Earl" recorded at 22:00, and "Studio 60" on a later repeat.

  "Studio 60" is higher priority, and the hour delay of "My Name Is
Earl" shouldn't matter.

* However, in general, higher priority programmes should be recorded
earlier than lower priority if possible.

* Recording options similar to MythTV's where I can say "record one of
these per week" etc. would be useful. However, it'd be even better if
I could point to a particular instance and say "this is when the week
for this programme begins".

* Programme names for favourites should be able to match explicitly,
rather than as substrings. Currently, making a favourite for "ER" is
quite tricky.

* Duplicate detection needs to be improved (and I helped develop it),
as data sources have a tendency to change descriptions. I think
titles, if present, should be the only decider, relying on
descriptions only when they are not present. Alternatively, this is
configured on a per-favourite basis as in MythTV.

* A group of channels on which you'd like the programme recorded,
rather than a single one or "ANY" would be useful. Meeting the other
requirements may make this less useful.

There are probably a few I've missed, and I'd be interested to hear
others' thoughts - including disagreements!

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  http://www.bleb.org/