Hi,

now that we have moved everything from kaa notifier into the kaa
namespace, what about strutils? IMHO kaa.unicode_to_str is much better
than kaa.strutils.unicode_to_str. I would like to add __all__ from
strutils to the kaa namespace.

And about the latest changes: kaa.main.start() does not look right to
me. Calling start() is something different than loop(), because I do
not expect start to block, I expect it to start it. So maybe
main.run() is better or keep the old main().

After some thinking, I also think we should not deprectate the old
code. You can still use kaa.notifier.Timer and not only kaa.Timer. So
IMHO kaa.notifier.step(), loop(), shutdown() and init() should remain,
running should be deprectated and is_running() should be in the
kaa.notifier namespace.

Comments?

In the beginning was the word, and the word was content-type: text/plain