On 2008-01-18 09:22, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> One problem with BackgroundTask is that it has signals for completed
> and exception and the InProgress objects connects to these
> signals. That does not work with the idea that you can call the
> callback more than once.

Another was that the decorated function referenced self, but self wasn't
defined anywhere.

> And handle thread.join()

Right.  And probably a couple other things.

> why define an __init__ at all?

I guess based on what's there it's not needed.  I had originally done
something else in the constructor that I removed.  __init__ could as
well be removed entirely, yeah.