Duncan Webb schrieb:
> Tanja wrote:
>> There is another thing, I just discovered. If the recordings did not start
>> correctly (that means, if
>> the recordprocess is not spawned), then there is a second recordserver
>> process appearing.
>>
>> If I kill both recordserver processes (the first one with a simple kill and
>> the second newer one
>> with a kill -9) and start a new recordserver afterwards, the recording works
>> (several times).
>>
>> If I restart the system, the same happens again. When the recording should
>> start, a second
>> recordserver process appears. If I kill this process (kill -9) and keep the
>> other older
>> recordserver, all recordings work afterwards.
>>
>> For your info, I usually start the recordserver via a boot script in rc2.d
>> and freevo later from
>> /etc/inittab.
>>
>> It looks as if this second recordserver process is the root of all my
>> problems.
>> Do you have any idea where it is comming from?
>

> I noticed that it spawns the second recordserver as it starts recording,
> it is a child of the first one, you can tell from ps -ef.
>
> No I've no idea why the child process is spawned.

In my case it seems only to be spawned, when the recording fails. Or maybe,
when it is spawned, then
the recording fails. When the recording works, then I do not see this second
recordserver process!

This make me thinking, that it is a good idea to understand this second
recordserver process.
I will do some more investigating tomorrow.

Just for now, did you see this second recordserver everytime you start a
recording?
Or do you also only see it, when the recording fails?

Tanja