Duncan Webb a écrit :
> Webcam drivers support v4l2 but you need to get the correct driver. A
> lot of webcams use the Philips chips and the best v4l2 driver is at:
> http://linux-uvc.berlios.de/ and http://www.saillard.org/linux/pwc/

Thanks for that, I didn't know. I just plug the webcam because it was
here, bub didn't investigate too much (did work on a least one video
chat software).

>>  freevo vg
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/helpers/vg.py", line 6,
>> in <module>
>>     os.listdir(d)
>> OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/sys/class/video4linux'
>>

> There is no directory for video4linux which possibly means that this
> machine is using an older kernel.

Same kernel on the two systems, 2.6.23-14-tmb-desktop-01 (Very common
set of pre compiled kernel for Mandriva).

And even without video4linux directory, freevo works hapilly with this
USB DVB-T (cheap) adapter.

Thanks,
Pascal