Duncan Webb a écrit :
> I've just committed a new version of the vg helper. This version should
> use two methods to group the video devices together.
>
> This version also runs under just python, at the bottom are some
> examples. You may need to change the permission of the uevent file in
> the sysfs directories.
>
> I am really interested in how to detect DVB and how this works with the
> DVB interfaces.
>
> Thanks
> Duncan
>
> # python src/helpers/vg.py

Hi Duncan,

This version doesn't star at all on one of my Mandriva system (the other
is set on my work laptop, witch is at work !)

stating python src/helpers/vg.py or freevo vg give the same answer :
$ freevo vg
Cannot find mounted sysfs

Here is the result of a 'mount' (remember, Mandriva 2008.0, with kernel
2.6.23.14-tmb-desktop-1mdv)

 mount
/dev/hda5 on / type ext3 (rw,relatime)
none on /proc type proc (rw)
/dev/hda7 on /home type ext3 (rw,relatime)
/dev/hdb1 on /home2 type ext3 (rw,relatime)
/dev/hda1 on /mnt/windows type vfat (rw,umask=0022,iocharset=utf8)
none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)
sunrpc on /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs type rpc_pipefs (rw)
nfsd on /proc/fs/nfsd type nfsd (rw)

I'll check tomorow to see if the other system answer is the same.

Thanks,
Pascal