Lars Michael Jogback wrote:
> Hello,

Hi

> I wonder if it is possible to generate a XML-info (.fxd) file
> for a directory with serveral movies? (i.e TV-series)

Great idea. We have a file called skin.xml for folder specific
settings right now. In my new skin the file is called folder.fxd. This
sounds like the place to store that informations.

> This is why I'd like to do that:
>
> 1) I'd like to use the same "<mplayer-options>" setting for a whole
>    directory of TV-series episodes with out the need of generating one
>    file per movie file.

Let's do a brainstorming what is file should contain:

- mplayer-options
- folder info (can be tv series plot info)

> 2) It would be nice if it was possible to write some short description
>    aka "<plot>" of the series as whole.

That's something I would place somewhere else. If folder.fxd contains
mplayer-options, it should pass to all items in this directory. But
the info should be folder specific.

BUT: we have image support for tv shows (or tv series, what's the term
you use in USA/England?). Put an image in the directory TV_SHOW_IMAGES
to use it. Maybe we should rename it to TV_SHOW_INFO to store the
images _and_ fxd files for the show. This fxd file can contain:

- name (maybe the filenames are shorten)
- all the infos we have about that kind of show, like imdb infos: plot,
  tagline, rating, etc.
- mplayer-options (here again, why not)
- episode specific plot. Maybe someone writes a script to parse an
  episode guide and has informations about a specific episode

Comments please (and maybe DTD suggestions)

Dischi

--
Half of the troubles of this life can be traced to saying yes too
quickly and not saying no soon enough. - Josh Billings