Hello,

I've been trying to get TV recording working.  I am
abloe to record with MEncoder using the following
MEncoder commands:

/usr/bin/mencoder -tv
on:driver=v4l:device=/dev/video0:alsa:amode=1:width=320:height=240:norm=NTSC:chanlist=us-cable:channel=<channel>
-o /media/Video/recorded/<program>-<DATE>.avi -ovc
lavc -lavcopts ${LAVCOPTS} -oac mp3lame -lameopts
br=128:cbr:mode=0 -endpos <MINS * 60 -1>

NOTE: The information on the '<>' brackets are
typically variables filled in from input when then
script is called.

I edited my local_config.py file so the MEcoder
options match what I have in my script that works, and
I get a 'freevo_record.lst' and 'freevo_record.log'
file in mt '/tmp' directory.

I also made the following entry inmy crontab:

* * * * * /usr/local/freevo/freevo execute
/usr/local/freevo/src/tv/record_daemon.py

so that the 'record daemon' gets run every minute.
The 'freevo_record.log' indic<ates that it sees the
entry in 'freevo_record.lst', but alas, nothing ever
gets recorded.

Is there something I haven't enabled?

TIA, as always :-)

Alan