On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, Paul Hampton wrote:

> Hi
>
> The only 'issue' is that freevo is running as root the way I do it, but
> I'm not worried about that. The info/link in the wiki tells you how to
> get around this.

Ok.

> As for window problems or mplayer problems, there are none - not even
> when I used 1.3.1. I'm not sure what you mean by SDL not being able to
> open more windows without a wm? I thought XFree86 handled this rather
> than the windows manager. How would my mplayer work on the top of freevo
> otherwise?

IIRC, it's something to do with freevo_xwin which tries to open another
window to let mplayer run in slave mode, and possibly using display=sdl
(force mplayer to use sdl as the video out device; I was trying to get
it working in both framebuffer and X11 modes with the same config). It's
been some time ago, so if it works fine for you, then never mind.

T.C.
----
Wan Tat Chee (Lecturer)
School of Computer Science, Univ. Science Malaysia,
11800 Minden, Penang, Malaysia.   Rm.625 Ofc Ph: +604 653-3888 x 3617
NRG Lab Admin: +604 659-4757           Rm.601-E Ofc Ph: +604 653-4396
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]            Web: http://nrg.cs.usm.my/~tcwan
GPG Key : http://nrg.cs.usm.my/~tcwan/tcw_gpg-20030322.asc
F'print : DCF2 B9B2 FA4D 1208 AD59  14CA 9A8F F54D B2C4 63C7