Rich C wrote:

I am currently using the CD title to create a
directory in the specified audio directory
(CONFIG_AUDIO_DIR). Any suggestions on how to
structure the audio directories? I can also make a
subdirectory using the 'Category' of music and or use
the Artists/Groups name if CDDB returns that info.

This is where a database is needed. I saw some discussion on the dev list (where this discussion should probably go :-) ) regarding mysql and saw general distaste towards using a database. You simply cannot build a useful application for searching, browsing and categorizing music and for building playlists buy just working with a directory structure. I'd really like to see some kind of listening preference data stored on each track that can be used to find the next track to listen to. I don't see this kind of thing being simple, fast, or light-weight without the use of a "real" database.

I'm not at all opposed to working on this with someone. Frankly, I think Freevo could do well with a database, rather than working with, for example, one big honkin' XML file for TV listings. That's something that I think MythTV does quite well...

Thanks for listening,

   __   ____
  / /  / __/ Brian Lalor
 / _ \/__ \  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
/_.__/____/  http://bravo5.org/

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.net email is sponsored by: Etnus, makers of TotalView, The best thread debugger on the planet. Designed with thread debugging features you've never dreamed of, try TotalView 6 free at www.etnus.com. _______________________________________________ Freevo-users mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freevo-users