Sorry for the delay... we had some huge storms pass threw.. and I was
without power for a little under 24hrs...

> Ok, let's just double check:

> 1. You have patched SDL with the patch from CVS

Yes.. though the patch was for 1.2.4, and I'm useing 1.2.5.
The patch aplied fine, with not failed chunks.

> 2. You're running Freevo as root and have "dfbmga" and "720x480" in
> freevo.conf in the appropriate spots

Yes, yes and yes...

> I also was only able to get it to work by installing the i2c-dev
> module, and I used the fusion device from directfb...

Hmmmm..  I looked for the i2c-dev, and it was not in my
/lib/modules/2.4..../kernel/driver/i2c/ dir

I was sure I build this, and still have the source dir where I built the
kernel.  And it was their, I looked at the .config file, and it was selected
to build.

I have the following in the ../i2c/

i2c-dev.h
i2c-dev.o

I tried coping the i2c-dev.o file over to my
/lib/modules/2.4..../kernel/driver/i2c/  ..but that did not work.

Frustrated, I built another kernel... with all the DirectFB patches...
double checked my config... before building.
make clean
make mrproper
make clean   --not sure if this is nessasary
make menuconfig    --or xconifg if X is running
make dep
vi Makefile  and edit EXTRAVERSION = -19.8.0_Blah_Blah_Blah
make bzImage     #
make modules     # make bzImage & modules are done at the same time (two
terminals)
make modules_install
cp bzImage to /boot
/sbin/mkinitrd /boot/initrd-19.8.0_Blah_Blah_Blah  19.8.0_Blah_Blah_Blah
edit grub
reboot into new kernel

Same result..  it did not install the i2c-dev module.

Now I'm stumped..

Any one out their using the stock RH9 kernel config, that could diff it for
me with the DirectFB stuff, or just send me the .config file that you used
with a RH9 system.  (I'm would like to use a stock RH9 config file, with
only the changes necessary for DirectFB to work with freevo)

Is their a place and the site were people could upload/download .config
files for different distributions / version ???

Scott