> On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 09:41:12AM -0400, R. Scott Baer wrote:
> > Same result..  it did not install the i2c-dev module.
>
> You need to /build/ the i2c-dev module... look at your .config file in
> your linux source tree; you should have this line (exactly like this)
>
> CONFIG_I2C_CHARDEV=m
>
> And then when you install the new kernel, run depmod -a, you can run
> "modprobe i2c-dev"

I have:

CONFIG_I2C_CHARDEV=y

should this be a module ??

I did not do a depmod -a, but did a modprobe i2c-dev (though I shouldn't
have had to, sense it wasn't a module.....)

right when I'm typing this.. I realized.. that the module is not going to
show up...  if it isn't a module.. it should be in the bzImage correct ??

Do you suggest I make it a module ??

Scott