Jortan H wrote:
However, when I started Freevo, it stopped with the
followin error: pygame.error: No available video device

I'm using the following freevo.conf:
chanlist = us-cable
display = dfbmga
geometry = 720x576
jpegtran = ./runtime/apps/jpegtran
mplayer = /usr/local/bin/mplayer
tv = pal
tvtime = ./runtime/apps/tvtime/tvtime
version = 2.0

When I configure SDL I get a message saying that
pkg-config is missing and required to build DirectFB
video driver. I guess this is why Freevo won't start.
But I have pkg-config installed... Anyone that have an
idea of what to do?

SDL configure is probably just looking for pkg-config in the wrong place. Look for a configure option to set it straight.

Once you have libSDL recompiled against your new directfb stuff, and have Freevo using that libSDL, you should export SDL_VIDEODRIVER=directfb and when starting Freevo you should see some directfb messages. You may need to play with the resolution to get thins going properly. I have Freevo set to 720x480 and in my /etc/directfbrc I have:

matrox-crtc2
matrox-tv-standard=ntsc
mode=640x480
primary-layer=02