It mostly just calls command-line utilities, so it's probably less
useful for us than the utilities themselves. At the least, I would
think some simple front end for vobcopy and mencoder would suffice. It
could probably be done quite easily using the cdbackup plugin code.

Personally, I'll never be encoding the movies since I don't plan to
keep them long term, it would just be if I didn't have time to watch
something I rented.

Aubin