Thanks Aubin, I've now got it working.  As per
David Amiel's post I needed to use libsdl cvs.

One more thing, I have modified my MPlayer Args in local_config.py to use
dfbmga:buffermode=triple.  Can I easilly modify freevo to use this at startup.  This
may be of benefit to others as it doesnt need the vsync kernel patch to get best
results.  Not that I suppose it makes much difference to the menu's.

Mark