"Pferdekaemper, Thorsten" wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > I have had a hard time yesterday to find out why it is that slow,
>> > but I found the problem. Now, I can scan my problematic disc with
>> > 720 jpegs... (Not really 1000, but a lot...) The scanning now needs
>> > less than one minute for the whole disc, so I can live with it.
>>
>> Current CVS only scans the needed directories so it should be under 10
>> sec.
>
> I do not really believe that. There are directories with about 50
> pictures. Each picture needed about one second or even a little bit
> more...

If you now need less than a minute for the whole disc, it should be
less than 10 sec for one directory, right?

Because CVS now has the following new features:

o only scan needed dirs, even on disc (since yesterday, should speed
  up things)

o I looked at the image you send me: EXIF.py now ignores fields
  greater 10000. Everything elese will be parsed. This should speed up
  again.

And that you know how long it takes:

o there is now a progress bar when freevo scans a directory

The snapshots should be updated tomorrow, please test and let me know
the results.

Dischi

--
According to Kentucky state law, every person must take a bath at least
once a year.