Hello,

  Mandrake 9.1
  Freevo 1.3.4

When I try to view the program guide under Freevo
1.3.4, I get the little popup saying "Preparing the
program guide", then it eventuallt crashes, with the
following traceback in 'internal-main-0.log':

--- internal-main-0.log ---
strange cPickle error...try pickle
Crash!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "src/main.py", line 420, in ?
    main_func()
  File "src/main.py", line 358, in main_func
    app.eventhandler(event)
  File "src/menu.py", line 529, in eventhandler
    action( arg=arg, menuw=self )
  File "src/menu.py", line 105, in select
    self.function(arg=self.arg, menuw=menuw)
  File "src/tv/tv.py", line 202, in start_tvguide
    TVGuide(start_time, stop_time,
guide.chan_list[0].id, prg, start_tv, menuw)
  File "src/tv/tvguide.py", line 94, in __init__
    menuw.pushmenu(self)
  File "src/menu.py", line 306, in pushmenu
    menu.refresh()
  File "src/tv/tvguide.py", line 155, in refresh
    self.menuw.refresh()
  File "src/menu.py", line 313, in refresh
    return self.skin.draw((menu.type, menu))
  File "skins/main1/skin_main1.py", line 579, in draw
    a.draw(settings, object, style, type,
self.force_redraw)
  File "skins/main1/area.py", line 375, in draw
    self.update_content()
  File "skins/main1/tvlisting_area.py", line 173, in
update_content
    recordingshows = self.check_schedule()
  File "skins/main1/tvlisting_area.py", line 410, in
check_schedule
    start_time = time.mktime(time.strptime(vals[0],
'%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S'))
OverflowError: mktime argument out of range
--- internal-main-0.log ---

I had experienced the same thing a couple times
before, and so just before trying to view the Program
Guide this time, I removed any 'TV*.pickled' files
from /var/cache/freevo.

Any idea what is happening here, or how to correct it?

Other than that though, I must say that I very much
like this version of Freevo.  A "Search" feature
similar to what the Web inerface has would be good as
well :-)

TIA,

Alan Murrell