"Pferdekaemper, Thorsten" wrote:
>> Don't know about everything, but when freevo thinks he's using x11 but
>> you run it on framebuffer, Freevo will choose xine and not fbxine for
>> dvd nav, which doesn't work.
>
> So it should be no problem when I use mplayer, because mplayer seems
> to work with either one.  But one question remains: Why does mplayer
> not work, if I try to set display=vesafb oder fbdev in
> freevo.config? mplayer complains about not being able to open the
> display. When I just delete the display line in freevo.config, it
> works.  Why that? It should make no difference...

If you have display=x11 set, Freevo will start mplayer with -vo xv,sdl,x11,

When you don't have X running, xv will fail, but sdl should also work
on framebuffer. So it works for X and framebuffer.

Aber the display=vesafb. We should add some extra checking there. This
is _not_ the display setting for mplayer, it's for Freevo. Freevo
doesn't know about vesafb so some stuff will be created wrong.

Current CVS will auto switch between fbdev and x11 so the problem
should be gone.

Dischi

--
A day without sun shine is like, you know, night.