Paul Cowper wrote:
Will I have to download that app (iirc tvtime) or is that usualy
included in a distro?

You will need to download tht one seperately. I think it even has a nice rpm for you. - http://tvtime.sourceforge.net/

You see all I need to do is tune my tv card in, also even if I cant get the programme schedule can I just set the time I want it to record a perticular channel? Just like a vcr.

It is better if you have xmltv channel listings. The Freevo web interface lets you setup a recording for a specific channel and time (it still has the infamous time off by one hour bug which I should fix asap), you still need to configure TV_CHANNELS.

I am also currently working on making Freevo TV and recording work a lot better when you have no tv listings.

I have to say, it's a very usefull app, I know I have to get the screen res sorted as it keeps switching from full screen to windowed.

I am not sure if this is available with the version you are using, but the next will have a '-fs' flag for X which gives better full-screening.

But it would be useful if freevo could scan for tv channels and have a
complete channel setup system. That way when its sitting under my tele I

Tvtime has a channel scanner library, maybe we can make a Freevo interface to it someday.

Its certainly a exiting project. I know that there are other systems and
some have the ability to pause live tv, but I sense something different
in freevo, and the fact that it came as an RPM and was easy to install.
(I sence RPM is getting more user friendly) I tried another system just
wouldent work, and wouldent tell me why!

I know that one day freevo will get to the level of a TiVo box but
better. Emulators/Mp3's/DVD/Games/Skins/TV/DVB?/Internet... The list
goes on.

Ok well I just wanna see this work, its looks fantastic and I am proud
to have it on my bOx, I just cant get it to work with my tele.

Thanks. It is also a fun project to work on! Someday it will be as polished as tivo but with tonnes more features. :)

Also as for you needing to fine tune and use custom channel freequencies, there is code in Freevo to do this but at the moment it only works with tvtime (live tv viewing) or playing and recording using a hauppage pvr-250/350 card. I am in-progress with integrating this with the rest of the tv and recording of Freevo.

-Rob