From: "Tim Walter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 12:44 PM
Subject: Re: [Freevo-users] Newbie, is Freevo what I need/want?

<....snip...>

> >I never did manage to get 1.3.4 working properly with the dxr3.. so kinda
> >waiting for 1.4 - I've kinda been put off using CVS as in the past using
CVS
> >has often caused more problems than its solved (for me at least -
especially
> >when compliing multiple dependencies - if one changes slightly in a way
that
> >the others are not expecting, you can forget it) - But don't let me put
you
> >off trying.
>
> I assume 1.3.4 the one to go with for the time being? Unless someone
> tells me otherwise...

1.3.4 is the current binary release. Although (and someone please correct me
if the situation has changed) this states that there are no deps, it doesn't
include mplayer (for playing avi's etc) so you will likey need to download
this and compile it...

As I said before feel free to try CVS, don't take my word for it! I might
try it myself this weekend and so how it goes...