Well.. I made the change as recommended in the FAQ. I've noticed in /tmp there are now two entries. One is a log entry which repeatedly says we had 0 scheduled recording events. I have pressed F6 while watching a show of interest and no can do. Is there something else I should look at? I'm presuming F6 is how I schedule a recording (from the main TV page by pressing 'H').

BTW, I have manually tried running mencoder and have had some success in recording video/audio streams. I did notice that after 10 or 15 seconds I start dropping audio frames big time. My thought on this is either I need to increase buffers somewhere, reduce my bitstream (default rate was used) or upgrade my hardware (likely this is the problem). Running a PII 400 with around 400 Megs ram. I'll run top and check out my utilization. I'm suspecting that even with dma turned on (which it was) I'm outta luck with this hardware for recording. Any thoughts? I'm hoping I can still do something to pull this one out.

Thx for a great product. Hopefully someday I'll be in a better position to help in it's development. Exciting stuff :-)

did you modify freevo to get rid of a bug in the recording portion as the
online FAQ suggests?

note, I have never ever seen the "error" reported by the bug, but performing
that step fixed my recording woes on every machine I have made (4 freevo
boxes and counting!! even my mother loves her freevo!)