Hey all, sorry for the really newbie question here, but it seems that Freevo is using TVTime to do most of the TV functions?

The reason I ask is I just spent about two weeks trying to get RedHat 9 to play nice with Freevo, and I am finally at a point where it works fine, except after selecting a show from the guide the screen flashes and goes back to the guide.

The reason this seems to happen is that TVtime is being called, and it is heinously incompatible with my Rage128 all in wonder card.

If all this is the case I think I need a new card, which is a bummer because the machine was free, and initially I only planned on the $4 for IR receiver parts (that I didn't already have laying around).

Or better yet, if someone has successfully gotten a Rage 128 Pro All In Wonder working with TvTime (according to TVTime's website, it just cannot be done), let me know how you did it! I have spent 3 days recompiling kernels, XFree86, and installing the Gatos stuff, even though I have never gotten either km or drm-kernel to compile, both complain about errors in some bits of their code (both the 'stable' downloads, and the CVS versions).

I can now get TV playback going through Xawtv and AVView, but TVTime refuses to be happy.

Also does Freevo support AAC audio files? I think I have properly rebuilt Mplayer to with the faad software, but if I select an AAC in Freevo's music section it never counts down, and basically times out and goes back to the list. I have MP3 and OGG playback just fine.

Thanks for any help!