-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von Dave Smylie
Gesendet: Montag, 20. Oktober 2003 08:06
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: Re: [Freevo-users] I can record, but where is the SOUND?

some detective work narrowed it down the sound not coming out of the capture
card whilst mencoder was doing it's thing. (Plugged stereo directly into
capture card to help track it down)

when watching tvtime it's fine, when using mencoder there's no sound coming
out at all. I suspect it must be something to do with me using line-in on
the capture card to feed in the aduio.

At any rate, some futher experimentation found the streamer (comes with
xawtv) records the sound fine, so I'm about to start playing with hooking
streamer into freevo and seeing how that holds up.

I'm still puzzled as to why mencoder wouldn't produce any sound though - at
least I know it was something to do with the capture card, rather than the
soundcard settings (which I spent hours playing with)

Cheers
Dave Smylie