I've had to use ALSA in the past to get my SB Live to record. Is this well known, is there a way to get the kernel/OSS emu10k driver to record? I am able to get sound if I turn "igain" above 0, but the recording sounds over driven and crackly.

ALSA seems (from my memory) to not have these problems. I just hate adding ALSA modules every time I do a new kernel. I know 2.6 has ALSA built in. Is anyone doing 2.6-test with Freevo and mga framebuffer?

Thanks for any info,
-Scott