Hello all,

I am planning to build a dedicated Freevo box from scratch. I'm trying
to do it in less than US $650---the price of a new Tivo with a lifetime
subscription.

I would like comments on the hardware I'm thinking about. Is it too
little? Too much? Known incompatibilities, etc?

Here's the list:

* Shuttle SK41G. This thing is several years old now (has the VIA KM266
  bridge) but is cheap. http://us.shuttle.com/specs_access.asp?pro_id=285

* Athlon XP 1700 or 2400 or something in between.

* Matrox G400 Max AGP card. This seems to have the best TV out
  support, am I right?

* Hauppauge WinTV-Radio (#401). Has remote.

* hard drive, dvd burner, 512mb ram, blah blah blah.

Is this sufficient to, say, record incoming TV while watching something
from disk or playing Oggs? Any obvious gotchas in hardware support in
the above?

Thanks,

--
William <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>